Friday, April 24, 2015

Bombay

Naan
Located in a shopping plaza off of English Creek Ave in Egg Harbor Township, Bombay offers some of the best Indian cuisine I have ever tasted. If you do not like the strong taste of curry in your food, this is not the place for you. From the outside, I would not have known there was a restaurant there, judging from the small sign that sits right above the entrance. As I walked in, I felt as if I magically arrived at a restaurant in India. The host came up to me as soon as I walked in and asked in a kind manner, if I was here for my Writing Reviews class and I politely told him that I was. As I sat down i began to scope the inside of Bombay and realized it is much bigger than it appeared to be. On the walls, there are elaborate artworks that are inspired the culture in India.

Indian Basmati Rice
Alu Gobhi
Once the host brought a glass full of water to the table, he told me that "I was welcomed to go up to the buffet". Bombay is not only buffet-style but you can also order other foods and drinks. As I went up to the buffet, I grabbed a plate and made my first decision, which was to get Alu Gobhi. This dish is basically potatoes and cauliflower cooked with special spices(curry). Not only did I grab a couple scoops of that, but I also took a couple servings of rice. The rice was Indian Basmati rice with cumin seeds, clove and cinnamon. When I got back to the table, the host brought out a basket full of bread to go with my meal. The Indian bread is called Naan, which is basically flat bread. Naan compliments the abundance of spices in each dish because it cools down the rush of flavor. The Indian Basmati Rice had a fabulous taste because it was sweet from the cinnamon but that was countered with the cumin seeds. The Alu Gobhi had the strongest spices, it was a bit too full of flavor but nonetheless was very tasty. Lastly, for desert I had Galub Jamun. When I first seen this desert, I thought the dish was some type of meat but as soon as I chomped down on it, an explosion of syrupy, sweetness, ran through my taste buds. The Galub Jamun is basically made from milk solids, known as khoya in India and Pakistan. They are then mixed with dough, sometimes with a pinch of flour, and then shaped into small balls and deep fried at a low temperature of about 298 °F. From my vantage point, Bombay was very clean and the service was right on point. If you want to have Indian food but you do not want travel around the world, Bombay can fulfill your needs every time.
Galub Jamun






No comments:

Post a Comment